How to get into Western Engineering
Stephanie Pugh - May 19th, 2022
If you want to do engineering in a collaborative setting, Western Engineering is the place to be! Starting with a common first year, Western creates engineers who can effectively communicate with engineers and other professions, manage a team, and go further, faster.
Do you want to learn more about how to get into Western Engineering? Continue reading to find out what you’ll need to excel in this elite engineering program!
Highlights About Western Engineering
Here are just a few of the incredible reasons why Western Engineering stands apart among Ontario engineering programs:
- This programme has an 85.4 percent graduation record, and the credited instructors are there to assist you to succeed every step of the way!
- Western Engineering has over 20 student groups to help you make memories as a student and earn crucial team-building experience.
- Currently, nearly 13,000 successful grads are employed across Canada!
- Any accredited programme in the Faculty of Engineering can be paired with a ‘Co-op’ version of your degree. In addition to the practical experience and competitive salary received through your co-op placement, a maximum of 12 months of paid job experience may be applied toward the four years of experience required for your licensing as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario!
Admission Requirements for Western Engineering
So, you’re probably wanting to know what it takes to get into Western Engineering. Well, you will have to meet certain prerequisites in high school in order to qualify for any Engineering program at Western.
Note that Current Ontario Secondary School Students (OUAC 101) seeking admission to Western Engineering for the upcoming year must have the following required courses:
- English (ENG4U)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Physics (SPH4U)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
and one additional 4U or 4M level course for a total of 6 courses.
All Other Undergraduate Applicants (OUAC 105) seeking admission to Western Engineering, please click here for requirements.
To get admitted to the program, you must graduate with a GPA in the mid-high 80s from these courses! Please keep in mind that your grade point average does not guarantee admittance; Western will also consider your additional documents.
However, for a competitive entrance average, we suggest that you aim for a GPA in the 90s!
The university application process can be confusing. Want more insight on how to apply to Western University? We’re here to help you; check out our blog about it here!
Submit your Engineering CONNECT Profile
Also, it is important to know that the Engineering program has an optional, but highly recommended, Engineering CONNECT Profile for you to submit.
- This profile will increase your chances of acceptance. So, we definitely encourage you to complete your CONNECT profile!
The form lets you associate your grades with your leadership abilities, creativity, passion for science, technology, engineering, math, and extracurricular activities. It gives Western Engineering more information about you, which can be utilized to enhance your admissions application!
Make sure to stand out through your supplementary information. You will want to prove to Western that you would be a great addition to their school, and explain why you are passionate about studying in the program you are applying for!
Want more tips on how to get into Western? Read our blog on How to Get into Western!
Need Support to Get Into Western Engineering?
If you think you’d be a great fit for Western, GrantMe can help. We’ve helped a significant number of students get into their goal universities. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into Western Engineering, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program