Brock Sports Management
Arry Pandher - January 4th, 2022
Written by Fernanda Munoz and Matthew Tran
Are you passionate about sport? Do you want to pursue a career in the multi-faceted sports industry? Are you interested in expanding your understanding of sport within the global community? If yes, Brock Sports Management sounds like the perfect program for you!
Brock offers a world-renowned Bachelor of Sport Management degree. Brock is the only university in Canada granting a specialized Bachelor of Sport Management (BSM) degree. Their program has an outstanding reputation within the sports industry for the quality of our students and graduates.
Reasons to choose Sports Management at Brock University
- The range of career opportunities extends throughout the public, not-for-profit and commercial sectors of sport.
- In-class work focuses on the application of essential business theories, principles, and practices contextualized within the diverse sport industry.
- Field placements, internships, and international exchanges lead to significant career-building experiences while you gain course credits.
What are the requirement to graduate from Brock Sports Management?
The Department of Sport Management offers a four-year program leading to a Bachelor of Sport Management (BSM). The requirement for graduation with a BSM (Honours) is a minimum 70 percent major average and a minimum 60 percent non-major average. The requirement for graduation with a BSM is a minimum 60 percent major average and a minimum 60 percent overall average.
The program is designed to meet the needs of a rapidly expanding sports industry and incorporates experiential opportunities for students.
Students will be prepared for sports management career opportunities that include marketing, public relations, promotions, communications, human resources, and financial, facility, and event management in a variety of public, commercial, and non-profit organizations.
In this program, you will be able to take classes regarding Social Science, Sports Management, Mathematics and Entrepreneurship.
Career options with a degree from Brock Sports Management:
- Manager, strategic partnerships/commercial rights
- AGM/GM/VP/manager major league franchises
- CEO/manager provincial/national sports associations
- Manager, major games/event operations
- Senior client manager/agent sports and entertainment
- Manager, community/player relations
Want advice with getting into Brock Sports Management?
Join The GrantMe Program