Jesse Liu - July 12th, 2022
UBC Bursaries are need-based awards that do not have to be repaid. They are awarded to eligible students based on financial need, as determined by the student’s cost of living and the availability of other resources such as scholarships and bursaries. UBC Bursaries are available to full-time and part-time students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or professional programs. Awards range from $500 to $5,000 per year, with the majority of awards being between $1,000 and $2,000. UBC Bursaries are funded by UBC and the Government of British Columbia and are distributed through Enrolment Services. Preference is given to students with the highest financial need.
UBC Bursaries Eligibility
BC Bursaries are need-based awards that do not have to be repaid. Eligibility is determined by UBC based on the information you provide on your application for undergraduate admission and your responses to the Student Financial Profile. UBC Bursaries are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Your individual student loan needs assessment, which is determined by your provincial lender
- Your program’s eligibility for UBC Bursary funding
- Your family size and prior year’s total family income
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status.
- You are enrolled in an eligible program with a full-time course load.
- You must be receiving full-time Canadian government student loans for a study period that is a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks in length and matches the period for which you’re applying for bursary support.
- You must have received confirmation of enrolment for your Canadian government student loan by the bursary deadline.
- You must have an assessed unmet financial need using UBC’s Common Assessment Mechanism, which is based on StudentAid BC policies.
How to Apply to UBC Bursaries?
- Log into your Student Service Centre (SSC).
- Select “Apply to UBC Bursary under Finance and choose the bursary application.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date by selecting “Contact summary” under Personal info.
- You will be notified of your bursary application outcome through email. If you’ve received a bursary, you will be notified by email with instructions on how to accept your offer. The bursary offers not taken within the study period will be cancelled.
Want To Win Bursaries at Waterloo?
To access in-depth coaching and guidance on your admissions journey, check out the GrantMe platform! Our trained essay editors know precisely what selection committees at UBC look for and can help you draft a winning application. We also provide personalized scholarship matches, essay editing, and mentorship from past winners to maximize your success. Complete our short scholarship eligibility quiz to learn more about how GrantMe can help you achieve your post-secondary goals.
Join The GrantMe Program
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >