Queen’s Nursing: Overview
Stephanie Pugh - May 19th, 2022
A Bachelor of Nursing Science at Queen’s is a full-time four-year program. They provide hands-on training in a variety of clinical settings, resulting in seasoned, confident nurses upon graduation.
Students in this program earn a Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc) and become Registered Nurses after passing their professional certification exam; ready to enter the workforce and tend to the needs of their communities!
Do you have what it takes to be a nurse? Do you want to work with others and help save lives? Then Queen’s Nursing is a programme you should look into! Continue reading to discover the many advantages of a Queen’s Nursing degree.
Why Choose Queen’s Nursing?
- This four-year curriculum emphasizes hands-on learning, with training taught each year at the School of Nursing Simulation Lab and the GSK Clinical Education Centre.
- Clinical practice in children’s, maternity, mental health, hospitalized patients, and community will be completed in years two, three, and four. Hospitals, public health, clinics, and community agencies are examples of some of these practice settings.
- Support is provided for student success: a full-time academic advisor is available throughout your program along with numerous Queen’s services such as Student Wellness Services, Student Academic Success Center, Student Affairs and Peer Support.
- You can get to know the faculty and fellow students well due to the smaller class sizes and group learning settings!
- Students may tailor their program by applying for research assistant or simulation lab assistant positions, choosing to take the Certificate in Business, Certificate in Law, Arts and Science certificates, or by completing a dual degree in Arts and Sciences,
- Nursing students can choose to complete their electives at the Bader International Study Centre in East Sussex, England, during one spring session.
Queen’s nurses work all over the world in many settings, including hospitals, community organizations, and in research, education and government. The program also prepares you for graduate studies in the future!
Examples of First-Year Courses at Queen’s Nursing:
- Professional Relationships
- Nutrition and Health
- Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis
- Health Assessment
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Introductory Human Anatomy
- Great Works of Philosophy
- Microbiology for Nursing Students
- Principles of Psychology
Possible Career Paths After Graduation:
- Registered Nurse
- Pediatric Nurse
- Palliative Care Nurse
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Research Nurse
- Nurse Educator or Manager
- Acute Care
- Community Health Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse
- Clinical Instructor
Queen’s Nursing Eligibility & Program Details
Students apply to Queen’s Nursing through the OUAC (Ontario University Application Centre) website.
Secondary School prerequisites include English 4U, Biology 4U, Chemistry 4U, and a 4U mathematics course. Two additional U or M-level courses are also required. A minimum grade of 75% is necessary for English 4U.
Applicants outside of Ontario may have additional requirements. Indigenous candidates should also contact the Indigenous Recruitment and Access Coordinator.
- To learn more about the admissions and application process, you can check out this webpage!
Need Support in Applying to Queen’s Nursing?
Countless students have benefited from GrantMe’s educational assistance in the form of scholarships and one-on-one student success guides; enabling students with the skillsets to attend their first-choice schools. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into Queen’s Nursing, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >