When does UVIC send acceptances? | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - June 29th, 2022
If you’re building out your postsecondary timeline at UVic, your first question may be “When does UVic send acceptances?”.
At the University of Victoria (UVic), you’ll find an extraordinary academic environment, hands-on learning opportunities, and a drive to make an impact on the world around you. With a school so promising, it’s understandable to be a little anxious when you’re waiting to hear back from them about your acceptance!
If you are still looking to apply to UVic, make sure to check out the previous blog posts in our UVic Ultimate University Guide! However, if you have already applied and are now wondering when UVic is ever going to send out their acceptances, then stay tuned and continue reading!
UVic Early Admission:
If you meet all of the admission requirements for your program at UVic, and have a satisfactory admission average, then you will be eligible to receive an early conditional offer of admission! The early admission letters will usually be handed out in April or May.
You will need to self-report your grades between February 15 and March 15 in order to be considered.
- You will only be able to access the self-reporting section of your application after you receive your introductory email from your admission assistant.
- Sign up for a Next Steps webinar to get advice on self-reporting and have your questions answered by UVic student recruiters. Webinars are offered in February and March.
If you don’t receive an early conditional offer based on your self-reported grades, UVIC will re-evaluate your application after receiving your updated official grades from your high school or the last institution you attended.
- If you are in BC or Ontario, UVic will re-evaluate your application after receiving your electronic grades.
- For all other Canadian provinces and territories, Uvic will re-evaluate your application if you send in your midterm transcript with updated grades by April 30.
UVic Regular Admission:
If you are just looking for regular admission, then for September Entry, you should submit your online application by January 31 at the latest!
Applications for January entry points are also open in September at UVic, and if you’re thinking about Summer entry, then you must submit an online application by March 31.
- When you submit your application, you will be charged an application fee (payable online by credit card). Your application will not be processed until this payment has been received!
For regular admission, all additional documents for your admission must be completed by April 30, and in the case of transfer applicants, by May 31.
Regular September admission applicants are normally notified of admission decisions by email in late May or early June.
After you submit your application, you’ll receive two emails from UVic:
- A confirmation email that includes your UVic student number. You should receive this email in less than two business days after submitting your application.
- An introductory email from your admission assistant with their contact information. You can connect with your admission assistant with any application follow-up questions. In most cases, you should receive it less than one week after submitting your application. During high-volume periods, it may take longer to arrive.
If you’ve received a conditional offer of admission, you’ll need to submit an official transcript that includes your final grades for the current school year by the deadline indicated on your application checklist.
NOTE: Your conditional offer of admission will not be finalized until UVIC has received and evaluated your official transcripts!
Finally, What Should You Do To Accept your Offer?
When your offer of admission is finally sent to you by email, be sure to carefully read the information in the admission summary and important notes sections of your offer!
Then follow these steps to accept your offer of admission:
- Pay your acceptance deposit: Submit your $200 acceptance deposit by the deadline specified in your admission offer. The acceptance deposit is non-refundable and will be credited toward your tuition fees.
- Verify your payment: Sign in to Online tools to confirm that UVic has received your acceptance deposit. Allow at least 2-3 business days for the payment to be processed.
- Submit your final grades and required documents: Arrange for official transcripts with your final grades to be sent to UVic, along with any other documents required to meet the conditions of your offer.
- Your official transcript must be sent directly to UVic from the issuing organization. This should be done electronically whenever possible, but we will also accept transcripts by mail or by courier.
So, I’m Still Waiting on my Acceptance, What Do I Do to Pass The Time?
As you’re waiting for your acceptance, this is a great opportunity for you to explore the resources that UVIC has to offer!
- Try signing up for a campus tour, a residence tour, or get yourself familiar with the city outside of campus ground!
- Start getting acquainted with other UVic applicants! There are usually Facebook groups, and group chats across various platforms that cater to new applicants. This way, you’ll make new UVic friends before you even step on campus!
- Look up the Student Life opportunities on campus, like sports teams, or reach out to the student clubs on campus and see how you can join them.
- You can also be productive and start planning out your spending budget, or explore the financial aid and job services that UVIC offers on, and around, their campus!
Want to Secure Your Spot At Your Top Choice University?
If you’re feeling anxious about the admissions process and would like to know how to apply to UVic with unlimited support, you’ve come to the right place! Take our FREE quiz to see if you qualify for GrantMe in just a few minutes.
Join The GrantMe Program