When does Carleton Send Acceptances? | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - March 4th, 2022
Written by Arry Pandher and Kim Spencer
If you’re wondering “When does Carleton send acceptances?”, keep reading!
Getting admitted to Carleton is a competitive affair, considering the high volumes of applications that the university receives every year. Carleton university has an acceptance rate of 21%, compared to other Canadian universities, Carleton has been improving on acceptance rate for international students.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, which means that the ones that reach the university first, get reviewed first. Students should expect to hear from the university in four to six weeks from the time of application. A few special courses like Industrial Design, Music, Social Work, Architectural Studies, Humanities (Great Books), and Information Technology, require supplementary information like portfolios, interviews, and auditions, and have documentation deadlines. For such courses, admission will be offered after the documentation deadline. In most cases, students should expect to hear from the university before June.
If you’re wondering how to get into Carleton University, check out our guide!
Carleton University Early Application
Carleton university does NOT have early admission applications. Did you hear that they did? You’re not alone! Many student confuse Carleton University with Carleton College (which does allow early admission applications)
Deadlines for Regular Applications
For students whose transcripts originate from within Canada or the US, the deadline to apply for winter admission (January 2021 entry) is November 15. Only a limited number of programs permit entry in the winter term so have a look at the January Admissions webpage for program availability.
As well, the general application deadline for fall admission (September 2021 entry) is June 1 (for students whose transcripts originate from within Canada or the US). And remember, some programs have earlier application deadlines and some programs have additional admission requirements.
- If you’re attending or have graduated from an Ontario High School, you will need to submit your application for admission for the fall term (September to December) to the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC) by January 13, 2022.
- If you are a CEGEP applicant who has successfully completed 12 pre-university courses, you’ll be considered for admission to first year, without any advanced standing. CEGEP applicants who have successfully completed more than 12 pre-university courses will be considered for admission with advanced standing based on the number of courses in excess of 12 and not to exceed 5.0 transfer credits. All applicants should note that failures in their CEGEP studies can adversely affect their admissibility.
- If you are attending or have graduated from a Canadian High School outside of Ontario:
- June 1st for the fall admission (Sep entry)
- November 15 for the winter admission (Januar entry)
If you’re an IB student, applications open in September and the deadline to apply is April 1st.
For International Students (Outside Canada and the US) Check out this page for your specific requirements and deadlines. As the admissions requirements are different for each level of education, this page has a handy drop-down chart to help you out!
Carleton University Requirements:
Here’s what you will need when applying at Carleton University:
- Application Form
- High School Transcripts
- English as a Second Language Requirements (ESLR)
- Supporting Documents (if applicable)
You may be required to submit supporting documents, depending on your circumstances!
- A Third Party Authorization must be submitted by applicants who wish to be represented in any matters related to the application process by a third party (parents, friends). Students can complete this process in Carleton360.
Admission Deferral Request
- Deferring offer of admission process for applicants who wish to postpone the entry term of their offer of admission.
- Instructions for submitting a letter of appeal for students previously suspended from university or for those students whose grades do not meet current academic standards.
- Information for students with special/extenuating circumstances, who do not meet traditional entrance requirements or with documented disabilities.
You can either apply through OUAC or directly to Carleton. Please check our previous video for a more detailed version of these requirements and the application process!
What To Do After Applying:
After submitting your application, you will receive an email acknowledging that Carleton received your application. This email will contain your Carleton applicant number and your MyCarletonOne (MC1) username and password, along with details on how to check the status of your application on our student portal—Carleton 360.
Then, continue to check the university portal! If the university is missing documents or needs more information to process your application, they will post additional document requests on Carleton 360. Be sure to check your application frequently and contact Carleton with any questions you may have: email@example.com.
Through the admissions portal in Carleton 360, you will be able to view and upload the documents required for your application assessment. If required, official documents can be sent directly from the institution to Carleton University by mail. Please do not send duplicate documents unless you have confirmed with Admissions that additional copies are required.
Accepting Your Offer of Acceptance
You can view your full offer package through Carleton 360 by clicking on the View Offer Details link on the application page. Important information about your degree program, scholarship offer (if applicable), financial assistance, residence and more is included with your offer. Any conditions associated with your offer will appear in your offer letter.
If you receive an offer of admission and wish to accept, you must do so by the date indicated on your offer letter in order to reserve your space in the program.
If you applied through the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC): Accept an offer of admission on the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre’s website.
If you applied directly to Carleton University: Log in to Carleton 360 and accept your offer on the Admission Offer Details page.
It’s important to remember that most offers of admission are conditional. Make sure to review the information on how to maintain your conditional offer of admission.
So, now that we’ve answered your question (“When does Carleton send acceptances?”). Here’s a little tip! GrantMe has helped countless students win scholarships to pay for their post secondary education. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support you in your scholarship journey, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program