UofA Entrance Scholarships: Overview
Arry Pandher - July 29th, 2022
At the University of Alberta, they understand that financing your education can be a challenge. That’s why they offer entrance scholarships to help ease the financial burden for students. These awards are usually based on academic achievement and personal merit. If you are interested in exploring the UofA entrance scholarships, keep on reading!
UofA Entrance Awards
To be eligible for most UofA entrance awards, students must have a strong academic record and/or demonstrate financial need. For entrance awards, there are opportunities for application-based and admissions-based scholarships. The awards are open to any student who meets the eligibility criteria.
Automatic Admission Scholarships include:
THE GOLD STANDARD SCHOLARSHIP
- The top 5% of students in each faculty receive up to $6,000 depending on their admission average.
THE INDIGENOUS ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
- Self-declaring First Nations, Métis, or Inuit applicants with an admission average of 80%+ may receive $1,500.
The NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
- The top incoming out-of-province Canadian students will receive $30,000 (payable over four years)!
How do you know you qualify for an entrance scholarship?
Candidates must meet the following base academic criteria for entrance scholarships and awards:
- Present an admission average that meets or exceeds those required for the specific scholarship or award.
- Be entering university directly from high school with fewer than 12 credits of university course work taken during high school or following time taken off between high school and university, provided that no post-secondary credit was received during that time.
- Be entering the first year of full-time studies in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta in September of the upcoming year.
UofA Major Entrance Awards
As a future UofA student, you have lots of options for financial aid, including big scholarship options that can help you become debt-free! Major entrance awards are available to students entering any of the university’s undergraduate programs.
One of the most esteemed entrance awards offered by the University of Alberta to undergraduate students is The Scholastic Distinction Scholarship! This honour is given once a year and is valued at $50,000. Candidates are selected based on their academic excellence. It is open to both domestic and international students and will be given to high achievers with admission averages of 95 percent or higher and an outstanding application.
To be eligible, you must:
- Apply and be entering into any program at the University of Alberta
- Have a completed High School Diploma
- Fill out the Online Award Application on Bear Tracks.
How do you apply for a UofA entrance award?
- To apply for any award, you must apply for admission to your desired program to receive a CCID and password to apply for scholarships. Please note that it can take 2-3 business days for a CCID to be generated!
- Make sure to check out these helpful Tips for Applying from UofA’s website.
- Apply for application-based scholarships using this link. You can also access the award application form via Bear Tracks.
Need More Financial Support?
Countless students have benefited from GrantMe’s financial assistance in the form of scholarships, allowing them to attend their first-choice schools. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into UofA, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program