UBC Engineering Requirements
Matthew Tran - January 3rd, 2022
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran
Students at UBC Engineering have access to rich learning possibilities. Their world-class professors and researchers are dedicated to providing a diversified, practical, and engaging educational experience.
So, you’re probably wondering what it takes to get into this high-achieving program? Well, keep on reading and we will outline the exact eligibility requirements you will need to get into UBC Engineering!
General Admission Requirements
To be admitted to UBC, you must complete both the general admission standards that apply to all candidates and the degree-specific requirements that vary depending on which province you apply from and what degree you want to pursue!
General admission requirements, for Canadian high school students, include:
- Graduation from high school (Grade 12 diploma)
- Minimum of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or equivalent)
- At least six academic/non-academic Grade 12 courses (recommended, but not required!)
- English language requirement
- English is the language of instruction at UBC. All students applying must demonstrate English-language competency before admission. There are 9 different ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
UBC Engineering Requirements
For the UBC Engineering requirements, you will need these extra qualifications upon your graduation from high school.
Grade 12 requirements:
- ENG4U (English)
- MHF4U (Advanced Functions)
- SCH4U (Chemistry)
- SPH4U (Physics)
NOTE: Outstanding candidates who might be missing SCH4U or SPH4U are still encouraged to apply! These applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by UBC.
Grade 11 requirements:
- SCH3U (Chemistry)
- SPH3U (Physics)
Additionally, it is important to know that the following subject categories are particularly relevant for UBC Engineering; you will want to consider taking courses in these subject areas in Grade 11 and Grade 12 for a better chance at getting into UBC Engineering.
- Language Arts
- Mathematics and Computation
How to Apply to UBC Engineering
Students can apply to UBC Engineering in the fall of their Grade 12 year, starting in early October!
- Once you are ready to apply, you can view the UBC Undergraduate Programs and Admissions application instructions for more details.
- You will need to complete your application on Education Planner BC. First, fill out your applicant profile, and select UBC as your institution; make sure to indicate the Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering) as your program choice!
- You will have to submit your application before the deadline! Visit this Dates and Deadlines webpage on the UBC website to check the list of important dates for your application.
- Remember to pay the non-refundable application cost, which includes the General Admissions and Applied Science application fees, to complete your application!
For more in-depth details about the application process, you can check out UBC’s resource on how to apply!
UBC Engineering Personal Profile
The Personal Profile gives you the chance to tell the UBC Engineering admissions team more about yourself, your personal challenges, and your accomplishments upon your application to UBC. You will express this through a set of brief written essays that will be used to determine acceptance and entry scholarships.
In this profile, you will want to bring up achievements that you have made beyond your academic life; like any of your volunteer experiences or science and math competitions! Essentially, you will want to prove to the committee why you would make a great addition to the UBC Engineering program! UBC Admissions will then evaluate to see if you’ve satisfied the program’s prerequisites and will take into account your grades, course selections, and extracurricular achievements.
Need Support Getting into the UBC Engineering Program?
If you want to get into UBC Engineering and have support with making a stand-out personal profile, then you’ve come to the right place! Take our FREE quiz to see if you qualify for GrantMe in just a few minutes.
Join The GrantMe Program
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >