U of T National Scholarship Program
Stephanie Pugh - July 11th, 2022
The University of Toronto offers a wide range of entrance scholarships to recognize the achievements of its new students and provide financial assistance to bright academics. One of the most prestigious entrance scholarships at U of T is the U of T National Scholarship Program! Looking for more information on how to apply for this prestigious U of T scholarship? We will tell you all the details!
U of T National Scholarship Program
The University of Toronto offers a National Scholarship Program to recognize academic excellence and encourage students to pursue their studies at Canada’s leading research university. The National Scholarship covers all study-related expenses for up to four years, including tuition. Arbor Scholarships, valued at $7,500 in the first year and $1,500 every year for three more years of undergraduate studies, are awarded to finalists who are not chosen as National Scholars.
The National Scholarship Program accepts applications from students who have been selected by their institutions to receive National Book Awards. Additionally, students who declare that they fit the requirements for the award can submit an application for the National Scholarship without first being shortlisted for the Book Award!
The National Scholarship honours Canadian high school students that are innovative, artistic, and dedicated. These are students who excel in the classroom, think critically and creatively, and succeed very well across a variety of contexts. They achieve academic success, exhibit a passion for learning, and actively participate in the affairs of their schools and communities. Ten students are designated Arbor Scholars and about fifteen are chosen as National Scholars. To learn more about the awards, visit the Award Explorer.
Eligibility Criteria for the National Scholarship Program:
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- currently in your final year of Canadian secondary school or first-year CEGEP
- intending to begin university the following academic year
- a National Book Award nominee or self-identify as meeting the criteria above
Why Should I Apply For the UofT National Scholarship Program
Only students at the University of Toronto are eligible to receive this scholarship. The selection process is based on academic excellence, leadership potential, and community involvement. If you are interested in applying for the UofT National Scholarship Program, here are three reasons why you should do so:
- First, the scholarship will provide you with financial support to help cover the cost of your education. In addition to tuition, the scholarship can also be used to cover other expenses such as books, housing, and food.
- Second, the scholarship is a prestigious award that will look great on your resume. Being selected as a UofT National Scholar is a testament to your academic achievements and will set you apart from other applicants when you apply for jobs or further education.
- Finally, the scholarship will give you access to a network of fellow scholars who are leaders in their field. As a UofT National Scholar, you will have opportunities to attend workshops and seminars, meet with industry experts, and participate in research projects. These experiences will help you develop the skills and knowledge that you need to succeed in your career!
How Do I Apply For the UofT National Scholarship Program?
Students who want to be considered for the National Scholarship must fill out an online application. The National Scholarship application period is currently closed for the admissions cycle of 2022–2023, however, the online application form is published here each September!
Looking For More Support?
To access in-depth coaching and guidance on your writing, check out the GrantMe platform! Our trained essay editors know exactly what selection committees at U of T look for and can help you draft a winning application. We also provide personalized scholarship matches, essay editing, and mentorship from past winners to maximize your success. Complete our short scholarship eligibility quiz to learn more about how GrantMe can help you achieve your post-secondary goals.
Join The GrantMe Program
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >