Where is SFU? | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - March 7th, 2022
Are you a student who is excited to go to SFU? As you’re prepping to go to SFU, you’ll need to answer the question; “Where is SFU?” We can help you find the answer this question!
Keep reading to explore the 3 awesome campuses that SFU has to offer, and to learn more details about how you can travel to said campuses!
The Three Campuses at SFU:
Simon Fraser University’s Surrey campus is a vibrant community hub located in the heart of one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities. Close to the Surrey Central transit station, the dramatic Bing Thom-designed campus is conveniently situated between Metro Vancouver and communities south of the Fraser River.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SURREY CAMPUS LOCATIONS BELOW:
SFU Surrey campus is accessible by transit and car, and provides a variety of parking options for students and visitors. Visit this webpage to find out directions to the Surrey Campus!
Described by the Vancouver Sun as the “intellectual heart of the city,” Simon Fraser University’s Vancouver campus transformed the landscape of urban education in downtown Vancouver. The campus is comprised of multiple facilities clustered in the core of one of the world’s most liveable cities.
Did you know that SFU’s Vancouver campus sits beside one of the most multi-modal transportation hubs in North America? That means there’s lots of ways to get to class, conference and work.
You can travel by:
- There are several bike lanes within the City of Vancouver that lead to many of SFU’s Vancouver campus buildings. Once you get here, there are public bike locks outside of all of the campus buildings.
- Visit the Cycling Resources for more information on the cycling experience at SFU Vancouver.
From SFU’s Burnaby Campus:
- Head west on University Drive E toward Gaglardi Way
- Continue on Burnaby Mountain Parkway
- Turn left onto Hastings Street
- Continue until you reach downtown Vancouver
- There are many parking garages located around SFU Vancouver. Two of the closest garages are the Imperial Parking garage at 450 West Cordova St and the Diamond Parking garage at 443 Seymour St. Both have hourly and monthly parking available.
- Numerous bus routes serve the downtown area and SFU’s locations daily. For up-to-date information, we suggest you consult TransLink’s maps and schedules.
- The nearest SkyTrain station for SFU’s Vancouver campus is Waterfront Station, which is a brief walk from Harbour Centre, Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Segal Graduate School of Business and the Goldcorp Centre for the Arts.
- Waterfront Station is also served daily by SeaBus from North Vancouver. The West Coast Express commuter train travels to downtown Vancouver from Mission, Port Haney, Maple Meadows, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam Central and Port Moody during peak hours, Monday through Friday. See the West Coast Express site for a complete schedule.
- Current schedules, route maps and fares for bus, SkyTrain, SeaBus and West Coast Express services are available at TransLink.
Perched atop Burnaby Mountain, Simon Fraser University’s original Arthur Erickson-designed campus now includes more than three dozen academic buildings and is flanked by UniverCity, a flourishing sustainable residential community.
To find directions to this campus, visit here and use their interactive map!
TIPS FOR GETTING TO CAMPUS
For bus/skytrain routes and schedules, visit the Translink website.
If traveling by car, refer to Google Maps for directions.
For information regarding campus roads, check the SFU Road Report.
- Learn about parking at the Surrey campus.
- Download SFU Snap for iOS and Android to get wayfinding on your smartphone
- Find more maps and floor plans from SFU Facilities Services
Make sure to view weather, road and traffic conditions for all three campuses here before you get started!
How To Secure Your Spot At SFU
If you’re feeling overwhelmed about the admissions process and would like to know how to apply to SFU with unlimited support, you’ve come to the right place! Take our FREE quiz to see if you qualify for GrantMe in just a few minutes.
Join The GrantMe Program
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >