How to get into York | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - March 4th, 2022
Written by Fernanda Munoz and Arry Pandher
If you want to get into York, keep reading!
York is a leading international teaching and research university and a driving force for positive change. Its population of 55,000 students allows for a supportive, inclusive, and diverse community that promotes personal growth and well-being.
York University is well-known for encouraging bilingual study and diversity. It received more than 10,000 international students each year and constantly motivated its students to collaborate and participate in international projects.
- Ranked 1st in Canada by Corporate Knights, Forbes & CNN Expansion (Schulich School of Business)
- Ranked 1st in Ontario for global collaborative research publications
- A total of 35,986 ****scholarships were awarded for a total of $74,903,183
- 94% of graduates from York University get jobs within the next 2 years
York University’s Stand Out Programs
- York U is home to Canada’s largest liberal arts program, the only Space Engineering program in the country, a new Global Health program and a unique cross-discipline Digital Media program.
- Their Kinesiology and Health Science program ranked #1 in Canada
How to Get into York – General Admission Requirements
York University is looking for students interested in preparing for their long-term goals and their professional success. For applicants applying from high school, this university will look at courses taken in Grade 11 and 12. York University is a highly selective university; therefore, meeting the minimum admission requirements and deadline dates is not a guarantee of admission. Only the most qualified candidates will be considered.
- Completion of a high school certificate with a minimum average grade of 70%, this average might change for international students depending on the program requirements. If you didn’t study high school in Canada, you need to check which certificates are accepted in York.
- High school pre-requisites for the faculty/program to which you are applying at York.
- English Requirements:
- Programs at Keele Campus are offered in English, while programs at our Glendon Campus are offered in a bilingual environment (English and French). To gain admission, you must demonstrate language proficiency in your program’s language of instruction by presenting a minimum proficiency score on an accepted language test.
- For English requirements, make sure to consult this list
Degree Specific Requirement
At York, you must check the requirements of each program to guarantee you send a competitive application.
These requirements can range from a specific GPA, supplementary requirement, or high school prerequisite course requirements.
For Science and Engineering programs, most faculties ask for an average in the high 70s to mid-80s. For Humanities and Liberal Arts, faculties will ask for an academic average in the mid-70s. And the Schulich School of Business asks for an average in the high 80’s to low 90’s.
Need More Support to get into York University?
GrantMe has admitted countless students into their dream schools. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into York, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify.
Read GrantMe reviews to learn more about current students’ and parents’ experiences with our education consulting programs.
Join The GrantMe Program